Club news brief
I think it’s important to note two significant Club events occurred yesterday!
First, the lease agreement was signed between Spare Time Ventures, Inc. and Flying Gators, Inc providing access to the new flying site!
- The lease agreement is identical to the one accepted by vote at the January 14th meeting.
- Please note that the new site is not yet equipped with parking bumpers and safety fences. The AMA Safety line is marked with white rope and all flying must be to the North of that line. Over the coming weeks we will be asking for club member help to finish the job.
- The restrooms are 90% complete and are planned to be ready for use in the coming week.
The second event of note is that the Executive Committee met with Roger Williams and Family (landowners of the current field) explaining to them the Club’s plan to move to a new site. Roger was appreciative of our situation and that we took the time to come visit and explain our plans. He also mentioned his plans to expand his land use further.
- The last day of use for Ray D. Helpling field will be Sunday, February 26, 2017.
- The current clubhouse will be abandoned in place as per the wishes of Roger Williams.
- The storage shed and other items will be removed over the coming weeks as we can resource Club member help to do so.